I'm In the Target Demographic
And this means that so many commercials use songs I know. Today I was watching a commercial for the NFL which, shockingly, promoted the NFL, and I realized that the song they were using in the commercial was "Everyday Is Like Sunday" by Morrissey. It took me a while to finally stop laughing long enough to explain why to my puzzled family. Either someone at the NFL wasn't paying attention, or he has a healthy sense of irony. It's hard to imagine a person with less likely interest in American football than Morrissey, and the lyrics of the chorus are:
"Everyday is like Sunday
Everyday is silent and grey"
The song is about a man who walks though a seaside tourist town in England, wishing that it would be nuked out of existence, and him with it. That sounds like exactly the sort of message that the NFL would want to associate with their product. Maybe it'll be picked up as the new theme song for Monday Night Football.